Heavensward is the first expansion pack designed for the second online game of the Final Fantasy series. This Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward enhances several aspects of the title, adding new content never seen before for this MMO Role-Playing Game. This new expansion is released for PC and PlayStation systems in physical and digital download format.
Square Enix plans to keep expanding the online world of FFXIV with a new character’s race, raising the level cap and adding new regions and cities to the already amazing fantasy world
While the world waits for the next main installment, the upcoming Final Fantasy XV, Square Enix plans to keep expanding the online world of FFXIV with a new character’s race, raising the level cap and adding new regions and cities to the already amazing fantasy world. Explore new possibilities with the latest classes and enhance your abilities alongside your friends through the legendary Dragonsong War, a thousand-year conflict between Dravania and Ishgard.
Director and producer of the game, Naoki Yoshida, has expanded the FF online world without changing the essence. The graphics keep being impressive for a game of this magnitude, with great landscapes and highly detailed continents. The design of the enemies is one of the hallmarks of the series, including some classic monsters like the malboros. The music, produced by Nobuo Uematsu, one of the greatest of this FF saga, maintains the quality level for the standards of the series, recovering some classic tunes.
Same world, more content
One of the main new features of this expansion is the raising of the level cap, from the initial 50 to 60. This allows the players to have an additional way of improving their character; this increases the gathering classes and the crafting additionally. The addition of the new Au Ra race alongside the Astrologian, a new kind of Healer using celestial magicks, Dark Knight, that acts as a Tank with a two-handed greatsword, and the Machinist, a new class of DPS using firearms and turrets.
Among the whole new lot of content, massive locations are to be added, such as a new City-State to explore, The Holy See of Ishgard, placed in the new region of the expansion pack, Ishgard. Some of the new places cannot be accessed directly, so you would need the use of one of the new Flying Mounts, such as the Black Chocobo, a Gryphon Mount or an incredible Dragon. New recipes and gear are included, increasing the number of new equipment to create.
There are new Beastmen tribes, the Vanu Vanu and the Gnath, worshipping two new Primals, Bismarck and Ravana respectively. Adding these new creatures to the previous Bahamut, Shiva, Ifrit, and the new raid involving Alexander, the expansion includes some new challenges for even the most veteran players. Explore the new possibilities of new party formations and get over Ishgard with more powerful allies and build airships alongside the Free Companies.
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Full Version Features
These are the main features included in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward for PC and PlayStation systems:
- Expansion to download of the FFXIV MMO world with the new Ishgard region
- Discover the story of the Dragonsong War and take part in the conflict
- New jobs adding more variety to the parties, Astrologian, Machinist and Dark Knight
- The dragon-esque Au Ra race enters the FFXIV world
- Level cap increased from 50 to 60 for additional character growing
- Create new airships joining the Free Companies and travel faster
- New Flying Mounts with the Black Chocobo, dragons and more
- Two additional Primals including Ravana and Bismarck alongside the previous
- More Beastmen included such as the Vanu Vanu, the Gnath and the Dravania
Discover additional details about the expansion of this MMO visiting the official website in the following link.
Find the minimum requirements for your PC to run Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward:
- Operating System: Windows Vista 32/64-bit or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or later
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4770, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 series or better
- Memory: 2GB RAM for 32-bit systems, 4GB for 64-bit
- Size: 10GB free space to download