Known as one of the most fearsome military men of the human history; it is said that when Attila trod on grass, it never grew again. So will it affect video games too? Total War: Attila is the latest installment in the Total War series, one of the most successful strategy games to this date. The game is available in digital download format exclusively for computers running Windows and Mac OS X developed by Creative Assembly.
This new installment of Total War tries to get a point on the history side, giving a wide view about the conquering campaign form the East
The East is rising after the dark age of disease, famine and tribal wars, but one man rose over the conflict reuniting the peoples from this part of the world, pointing their swords to Rome. In this aspect, this new instalment of Total War tries to get a point on the history side, giving a wide view about the conquering campaign form the East, alongside with other western cultures such as the Saxons and the Ostrogoths among other factions.
Although the game may seem very similar to the previous Rome II, this new Attila edition has improved some special aspects during the conflicts, such as people’s reactions, and the special effects of the battles. You'll find breath-taking action and visuals in this period-specific strategy title so be prepared for the heavy graphic processing that are required for moving smoothly throughout the different in-fighting armies on the battlefield.
If you are used to playing different real-time strategy games, you may have an idea of the main notions of this game, but there is a bigger world in front of you. In Total War: Attila you will be asked to manage the resources of your people in a deeper way than just collecting wood or iron to build new units. This time you will need to get rid of disease, starvation, family politics, bankruptcy and betrayals. This adds the survival-strategy element to the game, making Attila one of the most complex titles of the Total War series since you need to wage war while attending to the social component.
The new Attila installment includes up to 56 different factions, however only a dozen of them are fully playable. Among these teams you can control the Huns, the Vandals, the Visigoths, the Alans, the Saassanid Empire, the Western Roman Empire or the Eastern Roman Empire. Each one includes unique features, related to the culture and army formation, according to the fidelity of real historical facts and known battles.
The game approaches the classical elements of the strategy genre in a smart way, developing new technologies for the proper management of your civilization. This technological progression improves the different armaments as well as the different resources optimizations, for creating ferocious warrior units and an incredible civilized culture.
Although the campaign mode is very complete, the online component will be the delight of the hardcore players. This online multiplayer mode will take the best of you, being the witness of advanced strategies that your opponents will use, and taking some new ideas for being successful in your campaign. Take on your weakened enemies overwhealmed by your military forces and wield the sword of justice to free your people from the oppression of the players in your struggle.
Total War: Attila Full Version Features
Check the main features for Total War: Attila, available for download:
- Explore through the history of the eastern civilizations with the wrath of Attila from 395 AD date to the beginning of the Dark Ages
- Combined gameplay with real-time tactics and turn-based elements
- Enhanced graphical aspect optimized for this award-winning series
- Online multiplayer that will increase the challenge
- Advanced management of your civilization with family politics, culture development and improved resource management
- Control a dozen different historical factions including barbarians, Huns and Roman Empire
- Conquer new territories controlling all the influencing areas of your Empire
- New apocalyptic destruction mechanics for setting buildings ablaze while your troops terrify the defending soldiers
- Detailed historical period with authentic improvements and battle tactics
For getting the complete details about Total War: Attila up to date, and discovering more about this legendary commandment, check the official website.
Check the minimum requirements for running the game on your computer:
- Operating System: Windows Vista, OS X 10.9.4 or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 64-bit chipset at 3GHz for Windows, Intel Core i5 1.7GHz for Mac
- Memory: 3GB RAM (4GB for Mac)
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000, AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- DirectX: v10
- Size: 35GB free space