The comeback of one of the most psychotic adventures gives you more of the same regarding the first installment released back in 2012, and that is why we love it so much. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is a 2D top-down action title developed by Dennaton Games and distributed by Devolver Digital that takes back the old-school graphics style of Sega Genesis (Sega Megadrive for non-American countries). The game is released for its digital download for PC running Windows, Mac OSX, Ubuntu and PlayStation consoles.
One of the main aspects of the title is, once again, the spectacular Soundtrack, which includes some memorable synth tracks that will take you to a new history
The guy with the weird masks is back again, involved in an obscure and bizarre adventure related to twisted and anonymous violent tasks. The second installment of Hotline Miami for PC takes you back to an environment of crime and murder, followed by a great diversity of weapons in the backstory of several gang fights.
Technically speaking the game is similar to the first release. Hotline Miami 2 includes an unrealistic 16-bit pixel visual design. This kind of artwork makes the game very recognizable while Hotline Miami 2 runs smoothly on most computers due to its low processing requirements. One of the main aspects of the title is, once again, the spectacular soundtrack, which includes some memorable synth tracks that will take you to a new history, just like Ryan Gosling’s Drive film.
Although the game is basically similar to the first installment, this new title of the series includes interesting additions that enhance the overall outcome of the game. As in the original edition, the different masks will give you new abilities that will completely change the way you need to plan the level. These new abilities will expand the content of the game, being able to use two weapons at the same time for dealing twice the damage and aiming at opposite sides, killing enemies in a faster way.
Jacket, the main character of Hotline Miami, is back to the business, struggling against the different factions that look for retribution after the events of the original game. This time you will play from different points of view in which the unexpected consequences of the bloodshed are known firsthand. However, the gameplay does not differ too much, from an upper point of view, so you can control the movements of the enemies placed all over the stage, planning your actions before getting into danger.
As an additional mode, in Spring the developers will include the long awaited level editor. This way you can share your creations for free online, and at the same time download other challenging creations that will increase the hours of gameplay. Be ready for the real action in Hotline Miami 2 and discover the motivations of those responsible behind the gang massacres with a great soundtrack.
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Full Version Features
These are the features of the new action adventure of Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number:
- Thrilling story continuing the events from the original gang massacre of Jacket
- Unique graphical style influenced by old-school 16-bit consoles
- New soundtrack arranged by artists like Jasper Bryne, Perturbator, El Huervo, M|O|O|N or Scattle
- Use classic and new masks for increasing your character’s abilities
- Incoming level editor to download and share new content for free
- Play from different points of view of the characters with the Detective, Jake, the Writer or the Soldier, among others
- Additional combat techniques that will require the best of you to face new enemies and weapons
Check the official site of the game for further information by clicking on the following link.
These are the minimum system requirements for running the game on your PC:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.6, Ubuntu 12.04 or newer version
- Processor: 1.2GHz for Windows, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo for Mac, 1.8GHz Dual-core for Linux
- Memory: 1GB RAM (512MB RAM for Linux)
- Video Card: Support for DirectX 8 32MB
- Size: 600MB free space