Getting into a new steampunk world with dark details about the essence of humankind is something that only the bravest players can deal with. Dishonored could be considered to be the revival of The Count of Monte Cristo in a playable format developed by Bethesda Softworks. This first-person game puts you in the boots of a deadly assassin with a mask trying to avenge his beloved ones. The game is available to download for Windows PC, PlayStation 3 for free in its PS Plus system during April 2015, and Xbox 360.
Prove you are innocent and take revenge against those that ruthlessly attacked the stability of the industrial whaling city
You play as Corvo Attano, one of the previous bodyguards of Jessamine Keldwin, the Empress of Dunwall. Entrusted with the favor of the royal family and being the once-loyal friend of the family, you will be involved in the assassination of the Empress, being framed for her murder. Prove you are innocent and take revenge against those that ruthlessly attacked the stability of the industrial whaling city. Join the rebel Loyalist forces and unveil the truth of the Empress' execution.
The design of Dishonored is one of the main features of the game. The city has been outlined by Viktor Antonov, the art director of Half-Life 2, based on a steampunk London, colliding futuristic technologies with otherworldly mysticism. Explore the corrupt society of Dunwall in which betrayal and loyalists coexist within in an unseen city. The original soundtrack of Dishonored starts with a new shanty version of the Drunken Sailor, setting an environment of a dark tale with classic literature elements.
Choose your path
Starting as a simple soldier with great skills of stealth and assassination, Corvo will expand his abilities combining the close-quarter techniques with the release of supernatural powers brought by the Outsider, the living entity from the Void. You can use the different improvements that the different characters offers to your abilities and equipment, in order to make Corvo the deadliest soldier with a flexible combat system gameplay.
Your actions count towards the development of Dishonored, so the ending will depend on the game style you choose. You can enter with all guns blazing into the different enemies’ fortresses, or go silently without anyone noticing you with your stealth skills. Basing the events in a karma system, your choice will be to eliminate the targets or just dispatch them with attacks that won’t inflict deadly damage in order to keep your name clean.
Dishonored offers a bold and intelligent system of skills combinations, setting diversions that will distract the guards, or creating astonishing traps. The different gadgets and abilities are to be used free, leaving the final outcome to the player with flexible gameplay actions. The variety of powers and weapons to release enhances your assassin’s options, being able to possess enemies, instantly teleport or attack from the shadows with non-deadly ammunition. Check how you can combine the different skills for the most astonishing moves.
Dishonored 1.0 Features
Discover the main features of Dishonored for PC and consoles:
- Discover the truth behind the assassination of the Dunwall’s Empress
- Deep story background based on classical literature and steampunk society
- Impressive graphics design of the steampunk whaler city of Dunwall and its inhabitants
- Choose your way of solving the different game events with your abilities
- Advanced karma system that will determine the ending according to your free actions
- Explore the dark environments and improvise your way-in with the flexible gameplay
- Upgrade and release your skills thanks to the Outsider’s supernatural powers and devious gadgets
- Increase the content of the game with additional downloadable elements
Check the for new information and additional elements.
Check the minimum requirements of Dishonored for PC:
- Operating System: Windows Vista or later version
- Processor: Dual Core 3GHz or faster
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or better
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Size: 9GB available space on HDD for the download